The New Zealand Olympic Committee represents the Olympic Movement in New Zealand. We hold the unique mandate to select and send teams to Olympic Games and to promote the Olympic brand and values, a role that has been held for more than 100 years.
- Premier sports sector role representing a prestigious international movement
- Unique opportunity to support the development of the sports sector in NZ
- Leverage your commercial & leadership skills on domestic & international stage
About the Role
The Chief Executive Officer role provides strategic and inspirational leadership of the NZOC and Olympic and Commonwealth movements, and delivers plans consistent with both NZOC’s vision, and its unique mandate. Ensuring that the organisation continues to be high performing, that strategies are effectively articulated to a wide range of domestic and global stakeholders, and that financial and commercial planning is rigorous, are central to the role. In addition, the position requires a close working partnership with Sport New Zealand, High Performance Sport, NSOs, private and public agencies.
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of ten years’ senior management experience, preferably with a significant amount of that time in a CE role.
- A track record of building and maintaining broad strategic alliances and relationships, both nationally and internationally.
- Well demonstrated communication abilities and political acumen that enable strong networking, trust building, influence and collaboration.
- Experience in the working in partnership with Boards and Committees supporting effective and relevant policy, planning and advocacy.
- A tertiary qualification in business/sports management or other relevant areas.
- A depth of commercial and financial experience relevant to a not-for-profit organisation.
- Relevant knowledge/experience in the NZ/international sports sector.
About the Company
The New Zealand Olympic Committee (NZOC) is an independent, charitable organisation responsible for providing support and resources to enable New Zealand athletes to achieve at the highest levels of their sport and to excel at Olympic, Commonwealth and Youth Games. The NZOC is recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) as the representative body in New Zealand responsible for developing, promoting and protecting Olympic and Commonwealth sport in this country, as well as having responsibility for selecting, organising and leading New Zealand teams on the world stage.
The NZOC plays a unique role in sport representing its Member sports (NSOs) and athletes, and is committed to the NZ Team values and culture of Manaaki in everything it does. Core to this is continuing to build a culture of athlete engagement and advocacy, and the enhancement of a range of commercial, community and sector partnerships. As well, the NZOC works tirelessly to promote the history and values of the Olympic Movement through a variety of community and educational programmes.
To apply in strict confidence now, please complete the ‘apply for this job’ application form, attaching your cover letter and CV. Applications close on 17 October 2021. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing document.
For more information please phone Ian Taylor on +64 27 487 7424 or Raewyn Brown on +64 21 917 203