Queen's Baton Relay in New Zealand
18-23 December 2017
The Queen’s Baton Relay is a symbol of the Commonwealth Games – one of the world’s great sporting celebrations.
The baton has travelled through all 70 countries and territories of the Commonwealth ahead of the Gold Coast 2018 Games and New Zealand shared the experience from 18-23 December 2017.
New Zealand was the last stop on it’s 230,000km journey around the Commonwealth before it arrived in Australia where the 100 Day Games countdown began.
There were a number of public events that celebrated the baton in New Zealand that was supported by our current athletes and many of our legacy athletes:
- Arrived Auckland with departure to Queenstown (18th December)
- Kaikoura Community at Churchill Park (19th December)
- Jellie Park Pool, Christchurch (20th December)
- Victoria Park, Auckland City (21st December)
- Settlers Lifestyle Village & Westfield Mall - Albany (22nd December)
- Auckland Musuem (23rd December)