The NZOC is seeking to recruit and appoint a suitably qualified and experienced person to its Games Team Selection Panel for the period 2012 2016. This will involve selecting for the 2012 Winter Olympic Games, the 2014 Commonwealth Games, and 2016 Summer Olympic Games.
The role and function of the Selection Panel, as delegated by the NZOC Board is to:
Develop and make recommendations to the Board on the selection policies for the summer, winter and youth Olympic Games and Commonwealth Games (the Games), for the Boards approval; and
Assist Member Sports to determine the nomination criteria for nominating athletes in their sport to the NZOC for selection to each Games, that is consistent with the applicable NZOC Selection Policy;
Select the athletes to the New Zealand team to compete in each of the Games in accordance with the Selection Policy for those Games as approved by the Board.
In appointing the Selection Panel, the Board shall consider individuals with the following skills and attributes across each Panel:
- an ability and preferably experience in developing and implementing selection policies and processes;
- an international sport focus;
- experience in making athlete selection decisions, preferably for international level ompetition;
- experience in decision making through sports management, coaching or competition at national or international level;
- wider knowledge of the NZOC Member Sports and the sports sector in New Zealand;
- has credibility amongst the Member Sports; and
- is knowledgeable and preferably has experience in coaching, administration, management in a high performance sporting environment.
The NZOC is looking for Expressions of Interest from candidates who demonstrate the above attributes and do not have conflicts of interest which might impact on their ability to perform this role in an impartial manner i.e. must be free of interests regarding athletes and/ /or sports seeking to be selected for upcoming Games.
Note the role is a voluntary one. Expenses incurred are covered as per the NZOC Policies and Procedures.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should complete an application by 5pm, 31 October 2012 either by mail (NZOC, PO Box 643, Wellington 6140) or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. In doing so candidates must outline relevant experience, skills and attributes as noted in this document.
Enquiries please email Kereyn Smith - email@example.com.