Gold Coast 2018 will be Oliver's third Commonwealth Games, having placed 5th in the Men's Doubles in Delhi 2010 and 17th in Mixed Doubles in Glasgow 2014. He is competing together with his sister Susannah on the Gold Coast.
His recent form has included a finalist at the USA International Challenge in late 2017. He began 2018 by winning the Swedish International.
Born and raised in Hamilton, Oliver currently lives and trains in Denmark under the coaching of Svend Aage Sorenson and competes for Hojbjerg Badminton club coached by Michael Kjeldsen.
Off court Oliver also studies Economics and Business Administration at Aarhus University and enjoys the chance to spend a day on the golf course.
Oliver's Games History
Commonwealth Games Gold Coast 2018
- Round 32: 2-1 Round 16: 0-2
Commonwealth Games Glasgow 2014
- Round of 16: WO Round of 64: Bye Round of 32: 2-0
- Round of 32: 1-2 Round of 64: 2-1
- Group Play Stage - Group C-02: 5-0 Group Play Stage - Group C-06: 5-0 Group Play Stage - Group C-03: 0-5
Commonwealth Games Delhi 2010
- Round of 32: 2-1 Round of 16: 2-0 Quarter Final: 0-2 Semi Final: Final: 3rd and 4th:
- Round of 64: Bye Round of 32: 0 - 2 Round of 16: Quarter Final: Semi Final: 3rd and 4th: Final:
- Pool Games: Pool Games: 5-0 Pool Games: Pool Games: 3-2 Pool Games: Pool Games: 5-0 Pool Games: Pool Games: 0-5 Pool Games: Quarter Final: 0-3 Semi Final: 3rd and 4th: Final:
Commonwealth Youth Games Pune 2008
Australian Youth Olympic Festival Sydney Youth Festival 2007
- Round 1: 2-0 Quarterfinals: 2-0 Semifinals: 0-2 Play-offs - Bronze Medal Game: 0-2
- Round 1: 2-0 Finals: Round 2: 1-2
- Round 3 - Pool B: 4-1 Round 2 - Pool B: 4-1 Round 1 - Pool B: 4-1 1